Welcome to Myoko City
Welcome to our new English homepage for Myoko City. This is the new official city homepage so you can expect to find all the latest information regarding Myoko right here. This page is still under construction so if you need information that isn’t presently available on the site please send us an e-mail and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
When most people think of Myoko they think of the famous deep snow the village receives in the winter months. Myokos winter season is now becoming famous all over the world. The deep powder snow draws more and more tourists each year. While most tourists may visit for the snow in the winter season, Myokos other three seasons are equally as beautiful. In spring as the snow melts and the sun shines everything comes back to life. The flowers start blooming, wild vegetables start growing and the famous cherry blossoms bloom. The cherry blossom festival in Takada is one of the most beautiful in Japan.
Summer in Myoko differs from other areas of Japan. It is cooler and less humid. Summer is a great time to climb Mt Myoko and Mt Hiuchi. Both are among Japans 100 famous mountains and they offer spectacular views from the summit. Near the peak of Mt Hiuchi you will find Koyaike Lake which is one of the most scenic and stunning places in Myoko. Autumn sees the leaves changing colour into spectacular reds, yellows and oranges. Many Japanese tourists come to Myoko in the Autumn to see this amazing site, to climb the mountains and take some stunning photographs.
We hope to see you in Myoko!
- From tomorrow a week of heavy snow is due. I wonder how much we are going to get? 2 weeks ago
- Arai resort is looking amazing! #lottearairesort #lotte #myoko #myokokogen #myokotourism… https://t.co/Qhy39wXdlC 3 weeks ago
- This is what Akakura looks like after 2days of early snow. #akakura #akakuraonsen #myoko… https://t.co/ZeQzc1ZcCY 4 weeks ago
- The first snow in Myoko. #firstsnow #myokosnow #myoko #myokokogen #myokotourism #visitmyoko… https://t.co/LR5WPGlwkQ 4 weeks ago
- The snow is moving down Mt Myoko and a big snowfall is forecast for Sunday! 1 month ago